• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How to install x-sendfile and x-accel

ChrisCP

Basic Pleskian
How to install x-sendfile and x-accel? I couldn't find any tutorials. Do i need both x-sendfile and x-accel or which one? I use apache with nginx as reverse proxy and latest version of Obsidian and Centos 7.

You can enable X-Sendfile by installing via repo and activate it in settings -> Apache webserver.
Enable X-Accel for Nginx, add following code to your additional Nginx config:

location /YOUR_FILE_OR_FOLDER {
internal;
alias /var/www/vhosts/SUBSCRIBTION/DOMAIN/PATH_TO_YOUR_FILE_OR_FOLDER;
}

I encountered the same issue as OP: Need those modules setup for WooCommerce. Strangely, no one with knowledge of the process has shared any detailed steps, particularly in Plesk. I'll update what I find here.

Installing Apache x-sendfile: I went to the SSH terminal in Plesk (for beginners, just search SSH in the Plesk search) and pasted the following command:

Code:
sudo apt-get install libapache2-mod-xsendfile && sudo a2enmod xsendfile

Source: Install Apache XSendFIle

While there are more steps in the github link, I only needed the first install command. Afterward, I checked my Apache settings in Plesk and it was already enabled.

Now I'm off to figure out how to add the Nginx config. I'm not sure if I need to find the actual file or paste something into the "additional nginx directives box". I wish a professional would offer some experienced insight in the meantime to solve this ago old hurdle in a concise way. So many people have given up ambitions after encountering problems like this and it's sad.

Back