• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How to keep mysql down

Zalem Citizen

New Pleskian
Hello,

Plesk Onyx on Ubuntu 16.04 VPS
In order to copy data to a bigger additional disk I need to stop mysql for the duration of my copy job.
When stopped with
Code:
service mysql stop
or
Code:
systemctl stop mysql.service

Plesk keeps restarting the service within 5 minutes. Syslog :

Code:
Feb  3 13:00:59 klabs-test monit[2739]: 'mysql' process is not running
Feb  3 13:00:59 klabs-test monit[2739]: Collector: cannot open a connection to http://127.0.0.1:2912/ -- Transport endpoint is not connected
Feb  3 13:00:59 klabs-test monit[2739]: Collector: no server available -- aborting message
Feb  3 13:00:59 klabs-test monit[2739]: 'mysql' trying to restart
Feb  3 13:00:59 klabs-test monit[2739]: 'mysql' start: /opt/psa/admin/sbin/pleskrc
Feb  3 13:00:59 klabs-test monit[2739]: Collector: cannot open a connection to http://127.0.0.1:2912/ -- Transport endpoint is not connected
Feb  3 13:00:59 klabs-test monit[2739]: Collector: no server available -- aborting message
Feb  3 13:01:00 klabs-test systemd[1]: Starting MySQL Community Server...

Is there a proper way to disable this autostart ?

Thanks

"monit" is an Ubuntu server service, not a Plesk utility. You will need to disable the service via monit, like
# monit stop mysqld
(or mysql, mariadb or whatever your MySQL daemon is called).

Thanks for your help.

You're right, my bad. Strange thing is that monit package seems not installed.
I keep looking

Got it ...
Brought by watchdog extension and located in /opt/psa/admin/bin/modules/watchdog/monit and configured by /opt/psa/modules/watchdog/monitrc

Thanks, you helped !

And indeed :

Monitoring System Services

Now the services will be monitored in accordance with the settings you specified. If you decided to use the default settings, the following actions will be taken:

• All services will be automatically restarted in case of failure.

The weird thing is I didn't enabled any service monitoring and it still restarts them

Back