• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to let customers to choose passwords length?

Pavlo.UA

Basic Pleskian
Hello everybody!
I need to let customers to choose their passwords length. I think not only me. Is there a possibility to do it?
(Plesk Obsidian at CentOS Linux 7.9.2009)

The problem.
When I stay at "Strong" level of Security Policy (8 characters), bruteforcers do their work well and one time in a 2-3 months minimum 1 customers mailbox is broken, then goes SPAM and etc..
When I change Security Policy to "Very strong" (16 characters), all works fine but customers do not want to use such long passwords and asking me to make it shorter.

The question.
Is there any possibility to stay at "Very Strong" level of Security policy BUT in some cases to let customers enter shorter password when they need it. Because they use webmail for example, and they can't remember 16 characters to enter them each time they log in.

I see the solution like this:
1. "Very Strong" Security Policy.
2. Plesk generates 16 characters password.
3. There are warnings near password field BUT customer can enter 8-16 characters password when he wants, and password will be applied.

Back