• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

how to live wordpress website by plesk cpanel

Cool

New Pleskian
Hello All,

I have registered a domain through godaddy and I have been given plesk control panel.

I created a root folder public_html and uploaded wordpress latest version. Then created DB, user and password. After that put DB user name, password in wp.config file.

When I open my domain/wp-admin it is showing error establishing a database connection.

Please guide me so that I can reach wordpress login page.

Regards

Hello,

Please confirm if you are using plesk windows setup or plesk linux setup. And normally with plesk we use httpdos as default folder and public_html works with cpanel servers.
Further to check db issue, you can double check the hostname for the mysql server in config file. You can try to use localhost or the server IP.
Also to keep you updated, with latest plesk you get option of automation installation of application like wordpress as well. For that login to your panel >> subscription >> application tab >> search for your application >> and click install. Plesk will auto install the required application.

Back