• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to manually change the SQL Server location?

O

OctavioC

Hello,

I have my plesk config stored on the build in SQL server (2008 express) and now it is expired...
I also have installed another SQL server (2008 Enterprise) on other instance, I successfully moved the plesk database from the SQL Express to the SQL Server Enterprise, but now I don’t know how to point the plesk to use the Enterprise SQL server instead of the old one... How can I do? There is any file that I could edit to accomplish this?

Note: I don’t want to reinstall or upgrade the "SQL Server Express", just to point the plesk to use the instance of the SQL Enterprise Server...

Thanks,
Octavio.

I am using Plesk 9.0.1 build090128.13 for Windows, on Windows 2008 x64.

Hello,

I figured it out, it’s on the registry:

MS SQL server location and port:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\PLESK\PSA Config\Config\MySQL_DB_HOST
On this format:
server,port

The database username is on:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\PLESK\PSA Config\Config\PLESK_DATABASE_LOGIN

And the password it’s the same one of the admin user of Plesk. (You should create this username on the SQL Server and assign the required permissions to use the Plesk database)

Octavio.

I'm planning an SQL migration, thank you

I'm planning an SQL migration from SQL 2008 Standard x86 to SQL 2008 Enterprise x64. I plan to detach the database, copy over the files to the new SQL server and then wanted to know how to point Plesk to it. The fact that the new SQL server is on a different machine ought no matter right? Any thoughts, or suggestionson how best to proceed are appreciated. I'm also using Plesk 9.0.1. Thanks.

Ronan,

You will need to add the new instance via Plesk. Then update the database server id in all the databases in Plesk database (psa db).

Back