• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

How to move a website to another domain

Ford12

New Pleskian
I have purchased another domain so I can change the URL of my website.
I don't want to have to purchase another hosting package.

Under the clone section it says I can use an existing address or a subdomain
Because I am changing the name of the website its not a subdomain

Under website and domains area there is a section called website copying but the option to select Website in Plesk cannot be selected.
I am using wordpress and the domain provider is 1st Domains
If someone can advise, thanks
I don't know which version of plesk I have because it doesn't say anywhere

I believe you can use the following approach: from Websites&Domains, go to the Hosting Settings for your domain and change the domain name. WordPress Toolkit (if installed) will catch the domain rename event and will update the website URL accordingly. If WordPress Toolkit is not installed on your server, you will need to change website URLs manually from the WordPress administrator dashboard.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-05-11 at 15.24.07.png
    Screenshot 2020-05-11 at 15.24.07.png
    216.8 KB · Views: 34
Hi I don't have all the same options you have, if I go to hosting settings the first option is hosting type. Its got [change] next to website, so I click on that and I can only change the hosting type, but no where to change the domain. I don't have a wordpress tool box. So I went into wordpress in the general settings and I can see the website URL listed in both the wordpress address and the site address. So will that mess anything up and how will it affect my website generally. If my website is already named www.thisisatest.co.nz for example, can I rename it completely to www.anotherwebsiteurlentirely.com
Can I just do that in wordpress?
I don't want it to be a subdomain.

Actually don't answer that because that doesn't work now the whole website has not only crashed but I cannot access the website from the plesk panel
It just goes back to 1st domains with a 404 error page error

If your domain name was changed, you definitely need to make corresponding changes in Plesk. Probably, you don't have Domains management permission for your hosting package. Can you ask your server administrator to do it for you?

I have contacted 1st domains and they have to do it at their end.
In the meantime I managed to get the website working. It crashed because of the SSL cert mismatch. Once I deleted that and reinstalled it, I got the website going as it was orginally

Back