• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

how to move domains betwen subscriptions?

mr_exclusive

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

i just started to migrate accounts from old plesk 8.6 and got a serius problem,
after a test migraton of 1 client it created 1 account with 3 domains that have 3 subscriptions

before the client had 3 domains in 1 hosting package on plesk 8.6,

what can i do? can i somehow move those domains into 1 single subscription?

Regards

It that really what you want to do?

When moving from the old 8.6 style to the new 10.x and 11.x style, you'd normally want each domain in its own individual Subscription. This makes things as similar as possible to the old style.

Remember that the Subscription limits the resources available to the domain. So if you had domain1 with 100Mb and domain2 with 50Mb and domain3 with 25Mb you'd create appropriate Subscriptions (Gold, Silver, Bronze, for example) with those limits, or use a custom Subscription for each one.

But if you had things in 8.6 where the Client had a limit (e.g. 3 domains, 100Mb) and then you didn't limit the domains and they shared the 100Mb etc) then yes, I suppose you'd then want three domains in a 100Mb Subscription. However, with 10.x and 11.x Subscriptions, when you have multiple domains in one Subscription only one is in /httpdocs and the others are in /site1 and /site2 which will be different to how it was before.

The way to control how things are after migration is using the ...I forget what it is called now, Business Model Transition Thingie Whatsit, where, after you have migrated, you need to select how to transition your clients from the old model to the new model. That's where you can select the automatic transitions or you can manually select clients/customers and decide to do things differently.

Back