• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to move emails from Plesk to plesk server?

JahidH

New Pleskian
Hi, I have 2 Plesk server and I want move everything from old server to new server. I can move my site downloading via ftp but how can I move my email message to new server?

Some more info: when I creating backup with backup manager I think everything is backed up but when I trying to restore that backup on new server I am getting invalid signature error and email message was not moved (only account created)

Is their any way to moved email message automatically?

I checked on /var/lib/psa/dump and I see their many backup files created like apache file, conf, info, logs, vhost is their anything can help me?

Thanks Igor but I think this article for NON-PP to PP migration I need PP to PP migration with easy way. I have large number of emails accounts with message.

If you are using 2 Plesk server why don`t you use Plesk migration manager?

New Plesk must be the same or newer version in order to work.

If not... create mail accounts, make script that will for every user create Sent,Drafts,Trash folders with maildirmake command and then use rsync to copy mails or tar all mails and untar them on new server... make sure that owner and group of e-mails on the new server is "popuser" and that they have 600 permissions assigned.

that`s few options how would I do that

Backupmanager or apt-get install imapcopy?

??

Login to Plesk -> "Updates and Upgrades" -> "Add and Remove Components" -> select and install "Plesk migration manager"

Do it on both servers and on the server you want to migrate to start "Migration & Transfer Manager" on "Tools & Settings" page... Enter server you want to migrate from IP or hostname and root credentials and you are ready to go...
Make sure the server you are migrating from is permitting root logins. "PermitRootLogin yes" in "/etc/ssh/sshd_config" or commented with #. Otherwise migration won`t be possible without root permissions but you`ll have them if you are system administrator.

Back