• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to Point 11 domains (on master IPs) to another domain

A

Asiaplay

Hi All,

We use plesk 8.2.1 on a Cento OS 5 system.

The problem I have at present is as follows:-

We have 12+ domains (all on the same server, but using different unique master IPs).
For example, domain.com, domain.us/domain.fr/domain.de etc. etc.
All of these domains are configured in PLESK (have their own DNS), each of them has its own unique Master IP.

The site content is on domain.com, in a "site" folder.
Is there a way to have the same dynamic site content also on domain.[us/fr/de/ etc.] domains?
(we do not want to have a full copy of all code / date on each domain - just want to point the domains to domain.com)

So far aliases do not work for me.
Symbolic link causes PHP "out_of_base_dir" error.
Hard link does not work for the folder.
Any ideas?

Any ideas / comments would be very much appreciated.

Thanks...

Hi:
Re PHP "open_basedir" error, http://kb.swsoft.com/en/432 could help.
Re aliases, why do the aliases not work?
Alternatively, you could set up these domains as forwarding: i mean Frame forwarding or Standard forwarding option when tuning the hosting:
"With standard forwarding, a user is redirected to the site and the actual site's URL is shown in the user's browser, so the user knows about the redirection. With frame forwarding, a user is redirected to the site without knowing that the site actually resides at another location."

Back