• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to Point Sub domain to other IP

Hisham

New Pleskian
Hi.

I create Sub domain Like 123.mydomain.com but couldn't point to other server ip address.

I need a sub domain for my Whitelabel site. that need to change sub domain DNS “A” record to Point there ip.

I want to Point my Sub domain to other IP. How to Using DNS “A” record to Point another IP ?

Go into the DNS settings for the domain name eg mydomain.com
Press Add Record
Type in 123 in domain name
fill in the required IP in the IP address box.

Press Add Record

Hi.. Thanks to Advice me.. But I did it & No Luck...

Can i Add SubDomain in Websites & Domain Panel ???
and then do your way -
Press Add Record

I didn't get it....

Please Help me...

Edit the existing DNS entry for your main domain. You will normally find entries like * or @, type A-record, and the IP address of your current host. This wildcard entry directs all requests to the IP address of the host.

If you want to direct requests to a subdomain to a different host (IP address), add an additional A-record for the subdomain. Example: If your subdomain is called "foo", add an A-record "foo" and enter the IP address of your other host. Afterward alls requests for foo.maindomain.xx will translate to the new IP address while all other requests will be handled by the wildcard entry and translate to the previous (old, existing) IP address.

It can take several hours to propagate a change of DNS, so you must be patient after you made the update to DNS.

I created a sub domain with plesk RestAPI and also want to point the ip address to my created subdomain .
Is there any api for that to do automation ,
could somebody to help mr to sort out.

Back