• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question how to prevent Plesk auto apply letsencrypt for auto generated 1-2-3-4.plesk.page?

nethubonline

Regular Pleskian
Hi all,

Plesk Version: 18.0.28 Update #3

According to Plesk Single Server Post-install Configuration
To ensure that the temporary server hostname does not get in the way of your configuration, the hostname is generated only if both of these conditions are met:
  • The actual server hostname is not resolvable during Plesk installation.
  • You did not provide the server hostname during the initial configuration of the Plesk server (via the CLI using the init_conf utility).

For Windows platform, seems Plesk always generates 1-2-3-4.plesk.page, I guess that since the server hostname is always not a complete DNS based hostname, but just a computer name (e.g. ServerA), so that at the beginning actual server hostname is always not resolvable.

Secondly, once I fresh install Plesk with letsencrypt, Plesk already applied letsencrypt for the auto generated hostname 1-2-3-4.plesk.page, it doesn't give me a chance to run the init_conf utility to set a hostname.

If it is Plesk for Linux, there is no such problem, once I fresh install Plesk with letsencrypt, Plesk is still using a self-generated SSL, I can run init_conf utility to set a hostname and finally no 1-2-3-4.plesk.page is generated.

May I know how to prevent Plesk for Windows to automatically apply letsencrypt for the auto generated hostname 1-2-3-4.plesk.page?

Back