• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How to reconect a broken instance in joomal toolkit

Ol'arf

New Pleskian
Hello,
I search a lot and also wait for several updates but never find a solution for my issue. While Joomla Toolkit works mostly fine, I have 2 Domains that appear as broken instance at some day (after updating them manualy instead with joomla toolkit in V1.0) . I try to detach one of them to see if it will appear again after a new scan but as written by the toolkit, it never appear again. So I would like to know if there is any chance to fix a broken instance to get it back as normal instance in the toolkit?

Just to state that, this is not about broken instances after doing a joomla instalation out of joomla toolkit, this is about joomla instances that appear in the toolkit and worked fine until I updated them outisde of the toolkit.

Last edited:
I tried this hint now:
> cd /usr/local/psa/var/modules/joomla-toolkit
> rm -f joomla-toolkit.sqlite3

to regenerate the database and it works in general but the broken instances stay broken :( Any other idea here?

Hello Ol'arf,

thank you for your request. If the Joomla! Toolkit classifies a Joomla! instance as broken, then the application could not be executed properly. Errors were thrown while the system was initialised. Also only newer Joomla! versions are supported.

Does the website work properly? Or is the version outdated?

Cheers

Hello Viktor,
thanks for your answer. The pages which are marked as broken instance are both always up to date and work well. Both domains was also not broken when I start with Joomla Toolkit. They broke after some days when I update those two pages manualy (I forgot that I have the toolkit now :) ) . After I had updated them, I login into Plesk and open the toolkit and remember that I can update now all domains so easy. So I klick the update Button and all other Domains where up to date after this task was finished and the two I had updated manualy was broken :) Now the toolkit show in the overview always the right Joomla Version, also for the broken instances. When I open the details then of a broken instance it recomend me to update the joomla core to the Version, it already has, and which the toolkit also already show in the instances overview. I add screenshots to show how it looks .

instances overview:

toolkitbug01.jpg

insinde broken instance:

toolkitbug02.jpg

cheers

Olaf

Back