• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to replace default mail.domain settings?

speedbird

Basic Pleskian
Hi there.
I have the server mail.myserver.tld and have this secured by SSL certificate.

Now I have several domains on the server all using their "mail.theirdomain.tld". How can I "redirect" all "mail.theirdomain.tld" to my "mail.myserver.tld" ? I already added "mail.myserver.tld" as MX record. Is this enough to do the redirect?

Thanks a lot!

are you looking to use the hostname as the mail exchanger for your server ?

Not quite, already have the MX record defined.
But every hosting has a DNS record that says "mail.yourdomain.tld -> xx.xx.xx.xx"
What I want is that every time somebody uses their mail.yourdomain.tld this gets automatically redirected to mail.myserver.tld and force them to use my said mail.server.tld with a working SSL cert. How do I do that?

Or as an alternative, what other way is there to have all mailserver connections of different domains on the server connect safely with a ssl certificate no matter if they use mail.domaina.tld oder mail.domainb.tld.

As it is now, every time someone uses their mail.yourdomain.tld record they either face the self signed certificate of plesk or if I put my SSL cert in place for the entire mailserver they get a message that "mail.yourdomain.tld" does not match "mail.myserver.tld" to which the cert is signed for. (obviously).

Any help is much welcome.

Back