• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

How to restore backups via FTP?

A

Agentpete

Guest
Hello – I’m migrating from an old server running Plesk 8.3.0 to a newer one running the same version.

I’m trying to do this by backing up each client, downloading the backup file, then uploading it to the new server.

Uploading a typical backup file (900 meg or so) doesn’t work via the “Upload Files to Local Repository†command – I’m assuming it times out.

Can I simply ftp these files into the var/lib/psa/dumps directory, and then expect them to appear in the Backup Manager, ready to ber restored?

Thanks!
 
I suggest using the Plesk Migration Manager instead. Any reason that doesn't work for you?
 
Back
Top