• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to restore client backups?

V

vprollc

Hello,

I had been using Plesk 9.5.x for quite a while. I recently switched web hosts and the new provider provisioned my server with Plesk 10.1.1. In the previous version of Plesk, if I needed to move data from my production server to my development one I would take a client backup, rsync the backup files from /var/lib/psa/dumps/clients to my development server. On the dev server, I would delete the domain I wanted to restore, go into the client control panel and go to the backup manager and restore the backup.

With Plesk 10, this doesn't seem to be an option any longer as it forces the customer account to be tied to a domain at the time the account is created. When I tried to restore my domain config, vhost content, mail, and databases, I received an error stating that the vhost was already their and it would not proceed.

I tried changing the domain that was created when the customer account was created and went back into the backup manager but then their were no client backups listed.

How are administrators and customers supposed to restore client backups in this new version of Plesk without running into the vhost already exists issue? I remember seeing this when I moved from Plesk 8 to Plesk 9 as I used to backup at the domain level, but doing it at the client level was the workaround in Plesk 9. What needs to be done in Plesk 10?

I'll be watching closely for an answer... Having the same and many more problems making the transition to Plesk 10.

Ok, i´m not sure if i´m right with my answer...

I configurated the panel to make a daily update of the server of config and domain data.
These updates can be found by each customer in the panel.

panel - website and domains - backup manager

there i can see laste 7 days as a xml file - just click on it and i have different options for restore.

(may some panel options will have other names - i have to translate it)

With Plesk 10, this doesn't seem to be an option any longer as it forces the customer account to be tied to a domain at the time the account is created.
This was fixed in 10.2.0 I think. I would recommend to upgrade from 10.1.1 to 10.3.1. This may fix your other problems as well.

Regards

This was fixed in 10.2.0 I think. I would recommend to upgrade from 10.1.1 to 10.3.1. This may fix your other problems as well.

Regards

Not really. If you don't add a domain, you don't have any service plan, so you can't restore it (level client backup).

Best regards,

Miguel

Same problem here with 10.3.1.
If you dont have domain created you don't see the backup.
If you have the domain created, then you can't restore because the domain exists.

Any notices about this???

How about plesk 10.4? Is it the key to migration?

Hi, I am have a real tough time moving to plesk 10 form 9.5 (both on linux).
Has anyone tried using plesk 10.4 on the new server? I have noticed that it is not listed as stable yet, but some note mentioned added restore features. Are you finding it stable and are you able to restore backups from old plesk versions like 9.5?
Thanks for any input or help!
Sincerely,
Brad

I've migrated all domains of a Plesk 9.5.4 server to a new server running Plesk 10.4.4. It has only been a week, and already found quite some bugs. Also ran in quite some problems/bugs testing the migrations. Unfortunately it doesn't really look like they feel like fixing those bugs any time soon.

I've done the migration using the pleskbackup and pleskrestore command line utilities.

Thanks Sanderv, It sounds like I should hold off on 10.4.
I just was able to get the migration manager to connect and I am trying to move some domains to 10.3.
Hopefully this will work. It would not connect before because direct root access was tuned off. I should know soon. Brad

Back