• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to secure webmail url when it is changed

ziggy.pet

New Pleskian
Hi All,

I have changed the default webmail url to example.domain.com. How can I secure thus url with SSL?
The domain is only using mail so the hosting type is set on no hosting.
I have installed the certificate and and selected the certificate in the mail settings but it looks like it's still looking for webmail.domain.com

No, but the customer gave me his own SSL certificate. Because there is only one client on this server I changed the hostname to the customer webmail url and changed the setting under "tools and settings >> Customizing Plesk URL" to: "No custom URLs. Only https://<server-IP-or-hostname>:8443".
After this I set the certificate for the custom webmail.domain.com url to default SSL and it was fixed.

Because I used the workaround for customizing the webmail url there is no standard feature to change the SSL path webmail.domain.com.
I hope in the future releases you get some more freedom on how to change this webmail url + features..

Back