• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to set the "primary domain"?

M

Morm

Hey,

i've just set my server up again with Plesk 9.3. Normally the first domain I create is "domain.com" and "sub.domain.com" is the second. But this time I changed the order: the first domain I created was "sub.domain.com" and the second domain was "domain.com".

My problem now is, that every time my server is called directly by IP (e. g. by calling http://12.34.56.78/ or browsing to some non-existing sub-domains which are directed to the server IP), the first created domain (in my case "sub.domain.com") is shown. But I don't want that. I want my "domain.com" to be shown.

Can anyone tell me how to switch that?

Greetings from Germany

solved

Ok, after searching all the plesk settings I found a setting in Plesk -> Settings -> IP addresses -> Edit -> Standard domain.

Thanks anyway!

Greetings from Germany

From Home in the panel click on IP Addresses under Server. Click on the IP and you should see a drop down where you can set the default domain.

Back