• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to setup fault tolerant on two servers with plesk

K

kgornall

I have two servers both running plesk. One Sever is co located(Server 1) and one is running out of my house (Server 2).

I need to make it so if server 1 goes down everthing will switch over to server 2. I have regestered the ip for my house as a name server and added the record to all my sites.

But when server 1 goes down they are not switching over all I get is the stanard plesk admi sreen saying site was not found or configured. Please any help with be greatful.

Both servers are windows 2003 standard.

I was told abot something called Round Robin that will work from plesk support.

OK, Round robin will work. But how can you keep, two or more Plesk databases synchronized. You can try special cluster edition of mysql 4.x.x but there is now garanty it will work.
When Plesk will use mssql as its internal database they will be ways to use NLB or even clustering but currently there is now way. If you use static content you can implement Round Robin right now

John S.G.

Data is not all static so then that will not work. Why is it that since I have my 3rd name server pointing to my houes it does not resolve. i thought it would first go to ns1, then ns2, then ns3 until it found one to resolve the name.

I think what may be going on with your account and why you are seeing just the default plesk page when server 1 is offline is because you need to set the applicable domain (in plesk) on server 2 as the default domain for the ip you have it setup on. Do this by going go the IPs page then selecting the domain and setting it as the default. This "should" solve your problem.

Back