• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

how to setup slave DNS feeded from master server running plesk

Z

zozzi

hi there,

how to setup slave DNS feeded from master server running plesk?

I run plesk 7.5.3 on my server and I need to to setup secondary DNS server on other physical server for those "plesk powered" domains as well

I allowed zone transfer on plesk, but how to automate the process of domain DNS records creation on that secondary server?

That secondary server is running bind.

Thanks for any help.

Did you find a solution allready ?
I'm intrested in this aswell ..

Is it also possible to have 2 seperate DNS servers.
On 2 servers not running Plesk ?
I know it is possible with Plesk Expand but was wondering if it is also possible without it, maybe thru ACL ?
And the 4PSA solution mentioned is not a option its almost the same price as Plesk Expand.

It is posible to have 2 non plesk servers as dns servers. I do that using the atomicrocketturtle script mentioned above. I Have modified it a litle so that I get zones from more than one server.

I run centos4 on both dns servers.

If you ad the domain to more than one of thos plesk servers, it WILL break your named config and reload of named wil fail.

If you whant to copy zones from a windows server, it might get a bit tricky, I solved it with cygwin but I'm sure it is posible to convert the scripts into something that will run on windows.

My problem is a bit different :)

I run 2 DNS servers out of plesk servers (FreeeBSD + Bind) serving dns to all domains hosted on plesk or not.

Ok, the problem is:

When I try to setup one of the plesk servers in secondary for some of this domains the plesk do the transfer for zone files, but don´t get the reverse PTR files.

I try to copy manualy from master server and try depoly on right place but not seems to work.

There is some trick ?

I can work direct on files ? and don´t broke the resolution/Glue

note: I don´t care if this setup use one domain of the license.

there is some body interessed in exchange secondary resolutions in other networks (class C´s and country)?

I looking @ services of www.dyndns.org (they charge 14 U$ for this kind services)

Back