• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue How to solve Storage Problems via SSH on gcloud

nico.bxv

New Pleskian
Hi community. I was running into a problem upgrading the storage on my plesk server running on a gcloud setup.
This are the facts:

- Storage was already upgraded from 50GB to 60GB
- Server was already restarted several times
- Resize function was also executed via ssh
- config already shows 60GB on dev/sda1
- Plesk on its repair page still shows server to be full and I am still unable to login

Screenshot 2023-01-08 at 16.38.46.png

Now to the question part:
What can I do to finally login again ? I was already trying to erase some heavy files via SSH but failed to find the files of this servers subscription. I managed to erase some hidden Temp files but the Free disk space stayed the same. I am searching for answers for a few days now and tried nearly all but probably not all.

Thanks for all you inputs.

There may be a process that is quickly writing to log files. Have you checked your /var/log directory for large log files?

When you SSH to the server, what does it show for free space when you do df -h?

This is the result.

overlay 60G 47G 13G 79% / tmpfs 64M 0 64M 0% /dev tmpfs 7.9G 0 7.9G 0% /sys/fs/cgroup /dev/sda1 60G 47G 13G 79% /root /dev/disk/by-id/google-home-part1 4.8G 60M 4.5G 2% /home /dev/root 2.0G 1.1G 909M 54% /usr/lib/modules shm 64M 0 64M 0% /dev/shm tmpfs 3.2G 1004K 3.2G 1% /google/host/var/run

So it does look like you have space. Have you tried restarting the server by chance?

I did several times. It feels like the 50G are set somewhere in a config file ? But in that case it would be possible to login I guess as it would just a display error.

There's a refresh option that's in Tools & Settings > Server Management > Server Information. Clicking refresh on that page will pull the updated info but of course that means you need to be within the panel itself. Not sure how via CLI.

Back