• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How-to (suggestion) - unable to delete subscription if Tomcat is not installed

MislavO

Regular Pleskian
Hello, this is How-to / suggestion / question topic related about how to delete subscription if Tomcat is not installed (configurated) in your plesk.

I've faced today a problem with deletion of subscription on one of my servers running Plesk. Subscription itself was suspended, but however client/admin (me) was still receiving emails and I wanted to delete this subscription.

First problem I've faced when i wanted to delete it:
<DOMAIN_NAME> matches both a domain name and auxiliary username ....
- I agreed with the terms and I wanted to delete it, but deletion failed with error which was not displayed in the Panel (it was red, but message was empty)
- however deletion process removed web hosting from my domain
- then I went to google it what is this, and I've found this:
http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...inistrator-guide/index.htm?fileName=69329.htm
- although I didn't have time to read all this, I knew it's connected with the users
- I went to the user panel, clicked on the tab "Users" - there i saw "Domain Administrator" user, which i deleted

After I've deleted this user, I was no longer getting above message, but subscription failed again after I tried to delete it (again red message in Plesk, but no message). I've found following error in:
# tail -500 /var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log

2013-01-30T07:30:00+00:00 ERR (3): Some of the selected subscriptions were not removed.
2013-01-30T07:30:00+00:00 ERR (3):
2013-01-30 07:30:00: (mod_fastcgi.c.2746) FastCGI-stderr: PleskUtilException: '/opt/psa/admin/bin/tomcatmng' '--remove-service' '--vhost-name=<DOMAIN_NAME>' failed with code 1.

stdout:
Tomcat is not installed: Unable to find tomcat server config /var/lib/tomcat6//conf/server.xml

etc.

On this server there is no licence for tomcat (Power Pack) and tomcat is not configurated.
My question: why is domain itself created with tomcat "support" if there is no licence/it's not configured? This should be applied on the website only if the service plan has permission for tomcat. Correct me if I'am wrong...

Anyway, I've manage to delete domain name in the end and this is what I've done:
http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=260751
- answer #3 - you have to go in the MySQL -> select "psa" database -> select table "DomainServices" -> remove "tomcat" line associated with your domain ID that is giving you trouble
- you can find your domain ID when you enter user panel -> click "Websites & Domains" -> scroll down, click on domain name and check URL - you will see the address like this:
https://<YOUR_HOSTNAME>:8443/smb/web/settings/id/26
- this id in example, 26 is your domain ID and you will have to remove tomcat line where column "dom_id" is that number
- if you are not familiar with MySQL and you're scared not to do something wrong, you can do everything through phpmyadmin
Home -> Tools & Settings -> Database servers -> under the list click on your host name mysql - e.g. "Local MySQL server" -> click on the tab "Databases" -> Webadmin
- this will open phpmyadmin and repeat the steps mentioned above (find psa database, select table "DomainServices" and so on....)

After you've completed this steps, you will be able to remove your subscription without any problems.

Back