• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to swap MariaDB 5.7 for Percona 5.7/8.0 on Ubuntu 20.04

granicus

New Pleskian
I have a completely fresh VPS running Ubuntu 20.04 and Plesk Obsidian 18.0.33 that I am trying to replace the pre-installed MariaDB 57 with either Percona 5.7 or Percona 8.0. The documentation here says this is "supported", but all itshow is what looks to be an old how-to on replacing MySql 5.5 with MariaDB 5.5, and says "For Percona Server, the steps are the same, the only differences are in configuring repositories and package names."

Well, that apparently does not work since the pre-installed database is MariaDB. When I follow the instructions, I get to the point of apt-get install of the percona-server-server package, and as it looks to be close to completing the install throws the following error: failed to stop mysql.service: unit mysql.service not loaded

mysql.service has never existed on this server, only mariadb.service. And by this point in the process, mariadb.service also does not exist.

I also searched for articles on switching MariaDB for Plesk, and found this for switching on CentOS. While different OS, the instructions there too are clear enough to see that it does not give any additional information than the standard upgrade doc.

Any suggestions?

Back