• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to switch between user accounts / customers?

Scampicfx

New Pleskian
Dear folks,

I remember a function in plesk allowing to switch between different user customers accounts without entering their assigned password. Just for example, there's a similar function in phpBB admin panel giving you the opportunity to view the board "from the selected users point of view". This is especially helpful when you want to check the permissions you gave him.

So, to get back to plesk, I set up some customers in my plesk panel and assigned some subscrition plans. Now, I would like to check the privileges I assigned to them. I do not want to do this by logging in using their account. I want to do this ussing my admin account by temporarilly cloning the privileges of a customer account to my admin account. When finished, I would like to get back my original privileges.

As mentioned, I think there was some function like this in Plesk. However, I just don't find this feature. Is there still a way to access this feature or am I mixing this whole thing up with phpBB? :D I think the option also appeared when hovering with your mouse at the label "logged in as XXX" at the top of the monitor in order to switch between different accounts. Any advise?

Back