1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How to switch off php with suPHP (/var/www/vhosts/.skel/0/conf/vhost.conf)

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by pichlo, Jan 2, 2008.

1. pichlo

pichlo Guest

Hi everybody,

I successfully installed suPHP on my machine (debian, plesk 8.3.0). I decited to active suPHP in generell by via global apache configuration to reduce administration time (98% of my customers uses php).

# vi /etc/apache/mods-enables/suphp.ini
    Now I recognized, that there is no way to disable php support for single domains by plesk. Because plesk wrap this configuration commands for mod_php4 and mod_php5 but not for mod_suphp. The only way I found is manual over specific vhost.conf files:

# touch /var/www/vhosts/<DOMAIN>/conf/vhost.conf
    # vi /var/www/vhosts/<DOMAIN>/conf/vhost.conf
    Now I found a documentation to create a skeleton vhost.conf for new domains:

# mkdir /var/www/vhosts/.skel/0/conf/
    # touch /var/www/vhosts/.skel/0/conf/vhost.conf
    # vi /var/www/vhosts/.skel/0/conf/vhost.conf
    # /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/websrvmng -a -v
    # /etc/init.d/apache restart

Of course I could create specific vhosts for existing domains, too. So far.... now my questions:

1.) Are there switches, I could use in spezific domain-vhosts like /var/www/vhosts/<DOMAIN>/conf/vhosts.conf, too? For example anything like "@php_on_or_off" ?

2.) Can I expand the automatic created /var/www/vhosts/<DOMAIN>/conf/httpd.include files by a new part "<IfModule mod_suPHP>" with the same code like mod_php4 or mod_php5? Is there a skeleton file for these file, too?

3.) Are there more switches like "@domain_name@" for the skeleton vhosts.conf?

Or in generell: Where can I found a documentation about this stuff?

Thanks in advance
    Martin

2. Amin Taheri

Amin Taheri Golden Pleskian Plesk Certified Professional

@domain_name@ is the only variable supported in skeleton vhost.conf files. For anything else you need to use an event handler for "physical hosting created" that will create the vhost.conf file and lookup any additional variables you need.

3. lvalics

lvalics Silver Pleskian Plesk Guru

43%
  4. Amin Taheri

Amin Taheri Golden Pleskian Plesk Certified Professional

The alias for the semaphores doesnt work
    However this worked for me
    Code:
    for i in `ipcs -s | grep apache | awk ‘{print $2}’` ; do ipcrm -s $i; done