• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved how to switch PHP versions with many sites

arvin

New Pleskian
hello , we have many sites on our server ,about 2,000 , some use php 5.6 and some php 7.1
now we want to switch some sites from 7.1 to 5.6 , is there any easy way to do through the plesk , thanks !

server info
OS ‪CentOS Linux 7.3.1611 (Core)‬
Product Plesk Onyx Version 17.5.3

Create Service Plan with PHP7.1 and switch PHP5.6 subscriptions to this plan.

thank you for helping!
i'm not familiar with Plesk , you mean that creating a Service Plan with the PHP wersion i want , and then change the sites's subscriptions to which i just created .
do i get the right way?

Yes, you are correct. Or if you have PHP5.6 subscriptions based on the same Service Plan - just update PHP version in Service Plan settings and synchronize this change to subscriptions.

Yes, you are correct. Or if you have PHP5.6 subscriptions based on the same Service Plan - just update PHP version in Service Plan settings and synchronize this change to subscriptions.
i wonder whether this action affect the web sites's files and databases

If you do not change anything in the Service plan, except for the version of PHP, this will not affect your site files and databases.
Perhaps there will be problems for some sites or web applications if they are tightly linked to a specific version of PHP5.6

If you do not change anything in the Service plan, except for the version of PHP, this will not affect your site files and databases.
Perhaps there will be problems for some sites or web applications if they are tightly linked to a specific version of PHP5.6

thank you very much ,i'll try first

Back