• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How to troubleshoot memory usage (via health monitoring extension)

floriancourgey

New Pleskian
Hi,

I recently installed the Health monitor extension, everything seems to be working fine, except that we seem to have a memory leak every 2-3 hours :

hlPzPPw.png

do you know how I can find out what's happening ??

Thank you
Florian

Hello @floriancourgey ,
you should try to monitor your memory with another monitoring system than Plesk Health monitoring to make sure there is really an issue with your memory usage.
Via ssh you can use htop , or install a real-time dashboard like netdata : .

Thanks, htop helps a lot !

it looks like we have a lot of mysql daemon and apache started. Do you know if plesk (or any other softwares) starts those services on a regular basis ?

iVRRWox.png

bzKcikx.png

Thanks, htop helps a lot !

it looks like we have a lot of mysql daemon and apache started. Do you know if plesk (or any other softwares) starts those services on a regular basis ?

iVRRWox.png

bzKcikx.png

Yes, there is nothing unusual on your screenshots. But check the memory and the swap available on the server more than each service memory usage.

I don't know about swaps but here's the overview of the Disk usage section :

NAaDpQl.jpg

What is /snap/ ? EDIT : /snap is used by ubuntu snap (like a replacement of apt)

Do you know how to clean things up ? EDIT apt remove snap

PS : I'm more a developer than a sysadmin, sorry if my questions seem easy !

Last edited:
Back