• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to update php? Im stuck with plesk?

N

nibb@

Hi, i have plesk 7.5.4. I have tons of script that require php 4.3.3 as minimun, for my surprise my box has 4.3.2

I was told better to upgrade the plesk and it would upgrade the php, not sure if thats true, but i was told its not a good idea to upgrade php separately since i have a plesk server. So yes i went to the updater key of plesk, when i hit the button to upgrade to 8.0 it broke my whole server. Nothing works now, the plesk is down, php down, and i dont know yet what else. If its nots true i should update plesk to update php, then how do i do it. If it is, why do such a respected company like SW Soft shows the upgrade to 8.0 on my server if they know its not gonna work and its going to brake the server. I see that updating to 8.0 is as hard as getting a new box and migrate data, so i cannot understand why in the world would plesk server show me and allow me the upgrade button just to broke my server with 100 clients on it. Also what im suppose to do know? I cannot update php to a newer version, even popular scripts a Vbulleting requires php 4.3.3, so i will lose clients., and not to mention my whole server is dead know. Can someone here from the company or someone tell me why did they even allow to upgrade direct then if it doesnt work, i broke my server for nothing.

The version of PHP you have depends on your OS and version, not on Plesk. Plesk doesn't update your complete OS, you'll have to do that yourself.

If you run an older distribution you'll be stuck with older versions of software. If you need newer versions you'll have to upgrade your OS, find a third party that has created Plesk compatible packages of newer versions or know how to create those yourself.

Back