1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How To Update ssl default certificate for Plesk 8 control panel ...

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by zthomasz, Mar 5, 2007.

1. zthomasz

zthomasz Guest

I want to update the default certificate for a Plesk control panel. The current (default) certificate is self-signed by Plesk. However, when I attempt to buy/request a new certificate I'm asked for a domain name. What domain name do I use?

All I have is an ip address for the server that the Plesk control panel is on (no plesk domain name), and other unique/separate ip addresses for the domains (.coms, .nets, etc.) that I'm hosting.

What "domain name" should I use to buy/request/update/replace the Plesk control panel default certificate?

Here is the current Default Certificate Information:

Issued To: plesk

Issued By: plesk

Valid from 2/21/2007 to 2/21/2008

Certification path ... plesk (with a red X on it) ... This CA Root certificate is not trusted because it is not in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store.

Thanks!

zthomasz