• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

How to upgrade mysql 4.x instalation used by plesk 11

R

Ropate

Plesk has mysql installed with it to run properly and I need to upgrade that version to the latest. Now I am not talking about the mysql server that it provides for me to create databases on. I am talking about the version it uses to run.

Yes I think so. Its listed as Plesk SQL Server on the plesk services monitor panel. You cannot even launch the plesk logon screen if I shut down this. I upgraded the Mysql that I can use for websites and databases to the latest but I need to upgrade the Plesk SQL Server which I beleive is mysql version 4.1.1
The reason I need to upgrade that is because our security scan software is complaining that there is a security vulnerability in that older version of Mysql.

Thank you.

You will need to download latest autoinstaller of plesk and upgrade everything, only upgrading mysql can cause issues.

Back