• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How to Upgrade MYSQL to 5.6 or later on Ubuntu

VW Nut

New Pleskian
Hello,
I want to run a Magento site.
Magento needs a later MYSQL than what is installed on my AWS Ubuntu 14.04 server. I tried the answer here: Question - MySQL Upgrade 5.1 to 5.6 or 5.7? but it removes plesk, and all such programs :O.

I need to upgrade MYSQL-core. Tutorials say to do a dump using -u root -p but that fails asking me for a password that I do not know and that by default is blank in Ubuntu.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've googled around but I'm still lost.

Hi VW Nut,

but it removes plesk, and all such programs :O.
Instead of using "apt" or/and "dpkg" on Ubuntu/Debian - based systems, I suggest to use "aptitude" instead, as it offers different solutions in case of dependencies issues. ;)
If you need further help here, pls. consider to describe step-by-step what you did, so that people willing to help have something to start with their investigations together with you, which could lead to some basic suggestions, how to solve possible issues/errors/problems over your command line.

Back