• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to upgrade PHP to latest 4.x version on FreeBSD 4.9 (or just enable LDAP support)

R

Raydr

Hello,

I've spent the last hour searching and have been unable to find a solution.

Most instructions are for linux variants, however I'm on FreeBSD 4.9 with Plesk 7.5, dedicated server.

Honestly, I just want to enable LDAP support, and have the instructions, but couldn't figure out where the PHP binaries were to do the ./configure with options.

During my search, I thought it may be a good idea to also upgrade PHP, but I'm running into the same problems: none of the instructions relate to FreeBSD 4.9.

Can anyone point me to step by step instructions to either enable LDAP support for my current PHP installation, or how to upgrade PHP to the latest 4.x version?

My problem at this point seems to be I don't understand what paths (directories) I need to be in to do the ./configure commands for updating/reconfiguring PHP.

I'm actually having the same question, I want to update php, and I'm not sure what impact it will have on Plesk.

Was this resolved?

Thanks.

Back