• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to use subdomain when domain hosted elsewhere

Corobori

New Pleskian
Hi,
I have got a domain name, let's call it mydomain.com, hosted with a provider, running a custom solution that is without Plesk, where it is working as a www.mydomain.com and also with mail.mydomain.com pointing to a mail server. This works just fine.

What I want to do now is a demo site for another system I am starting to use. But those demos site will be running with another provider where I am running the latest Plesk for Window.
I am expecting to make it working as myshop.mydomain.com and adminmyshop.mydomain.com, both of them pointing to a separate space on that server. I contacted my provider's support and to my surprise, and disappointment, the answer was that it wasn't possible. Is that true ?

The main thing here is to configure the DNS correctly. If you can add A records for your subdomains that will point to the address of your Plesk server, then you will get what you want.

The main thing here is to configure the DNS correctly. If you can add A records for your subdomains that will point to the address of your Plesk server, then you will get what you want.
I am fine with the DNSs. How do I define in Plesk those entries ? I wanted to add them as a subdomain (shop.mydomain.com) but as the root domain’s name doesn’t exist on Plesk I am not allowed to choose it. Or should I before add the main domain name (mydomain.com) in my Plesk even though it won’t actually used on that server ?

It should be done on DNS server where the main zone file of your domain is located but not on Plesk side.

It should be done on DNS server where the main zone file of your domain is located but not on Plesk side.
I know the DNSs should be changed on the DNS Server, which is done. But now it is how to inform my Plesk where to go.
2019-08-08_15-08-29.png
2019-08-08_15-08-29.jpg

2019-08-08_15-08-29.jpg

Back