• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to whitelist IP in order to accept SMTP connections without authentication

alexyz4

New Pleskian
I am relaying emails to my plesk server and I need plesk to accept SMTP connections without authentication if the connections comes from a specific IP address.

Thanks

Hello @alexyz4

Please take a look here relay options
There is also an option to allow open relay without authorization, which, by default, is hidden from the user interface. Opening mail relay without authorization is not recommended because it allows spammers to send unsolicited mail through your server. If you want to set the open relay, log in to the server’s file system, locate the file root.controls.lock in your Plesk installation directory (PRODUCT_ROOT_D/var/root.controls.lock on Linux and PRODUCT_DATA_D/var/root.controls.lock on Windows platforms) and remove the line /server/mail.php3:relay_open from this file. The open relay option will appear in your control panel.

In Plesk for Windows, if you do not wish to use relay restrictions for networks that you trust, specify the network IP and mask in the Use no relay restrictions for the following networks field.

@lessborders Use no relay restrictions for the following networks is available for Plesk for Windows only
Tools & Settings > Mail Server Settings in case MailEnable or SmarterMail installed as mail server:usenorelayrestrictions.png

Back