• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How update to Maria DB 10.2 (from 10.1)

stefan-franz

Basic Pleskian
Hello, nextcloud 21.0.2.1 brings the message, that database maria db 10.2 is the right. At the moment on plesk is used 10.1.48
How can i update via Plesk the database?

Hmmm....seems difficult.....i hope Plesk can do this upgrad to MariaDB in the future in a graphical way.
I don't trust myself to do that.

All is running fine - but Plesk had installed an old MariaDB (10.1) - my server runs since 29.04 - only Nextcloud is running on it.
The reason to use this way for me was: With Plesk i was able to install it at strato.de

Plesk gets sure more users, if it goes ahead with new upgrades in a graphical way, to be easy usable for everyone who don't know very much about commando console.

I started with the same reason a few years ago with a linux server, but to be honest there was the internet a way less complicated enviroment. I only can recommend to make yourself familiar with the basics of securing a linux server beacuse the preconfiguartions from plesk are not sufficient to secure a nextcloud instance as best as possible.
What brings you an own cloud instance when it is hacked at the end? If you are not interested of learning linux, which I could totally understand, beacuse it is time consuming and complicated, think about renting a preconfigured nextcloud instance, there are a lot of providers out there.
Just my 2 cents, whish you the best.

Plesk is a tool, not a replacement for a team/person to manage the server. Plesk is certainly non-comprehensive in all the things you should do, and there's a lot of ways you can screw something up, even directly via the Plesk GUI. I agree with @Liwindo

Then having a non-managed server might not be the best option for you.

Hallo, Plesk has a new update 18.0.37. Is there any way to update the mariadb user-friendly from 10.1 to 10.6 under plesk?

As always, update your system first: Sudo apt update. sudo apt upgrade.
Then you can install MariaDB with this command: Sudo apt install MariaDB-server.
Enter "Y" and enter to continue. After few minutes, the installation process is completed and MariaDB is ready to use.

That doesn't actually do anything. MariaDB won't just update to a minor release by itself.

I'd rather be second than first for that one.

I'm already using PHP 8.1 on some of my domains in terms of experimentation, but on the remaining four there are issues, so I'll leave it be until a few issues are resolved (largely WordPress themes).

Back