1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

HT Remove Help Desk Tickets

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by Tikkune, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Tikkune

Tikkune Guest

Playing with the Help Desk, I created some test tickets that I'd now like deleted/removed. Am I missing the obvious? How does the Admin or Ticket Reporter delete/remove an unwanted ticket?

2. Pavluha

Pavluha Guest

Write to ticket and ask close it.
    There is second complicated way - to check all tables tts_* in MySQL PSA database and to delete mistake records.

3. JackL

JackL Guest

Follow these steps:

1. Start->Run-cmd
    2. cd "%plesk_dir%\mysql\bin"
    3. mysql -uadmin -padmin-password -P8306 psa
    ------------------------------
    below are mysql commands

4. delete from tts_tickets;
    5. delete from tts_tickets_events;
    6. delete from tts_reporters;
    7. quit

John S.G.

4. Tikkune

Tikkune Guest

JackL: thank you for the pointers! I had a whole lot of trouble getting access to MySQL via the command prompt. I kept getting Error 1045: (28000) Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES). This on a Windows Server 2003 machine, GoDaddy hosted. But figuring I could work around this using the table names you provided:

4. delete from tts_tickets;
    5. delete from tts_tickets_events;
    6. delete from tts_reporters;

... and a necessary port number (-P8306) you mention, I decided to use Plesk's hook into phpMyAdmin to get at the MySQL tables GUI-style. From there, I could 'empty' the tables you listed, clearing *all* Help Desk Tickets.

Exactly how I got there in Plesk for Windows 7.5:

Server > Sevices: Databases > [MySQL] tab > Connection: Server name*: localhost : 8306 > Tools : MySQL RootWebAdmin > Database: PSA

(Welcome to phpMyAdmin 2.6.0-pl3)

Scrolling way down the list of tables, then one at a time clicking the trash can on the tables:

tts_tickets
    tts_tickets_events
    tts_reporters

"Do you really want to: TRUNCATE 'table_name'?"
    <OK>

Back into the Help Desk, ALL the dummy/test tickets I created are gone, just as I wanted! But be sure you want to delete all tickets before choosing to 'empty' the tables.