• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved .htaccess not working within sub domain

RicardoF1RST

New Pleskian
Hi, any ideas much appreciated.
I have created a new sub domain, copied my files into it (including my normal .htaccess) and stuck a die("Hello Work"); at the top of my index.php. This works fine when directly addressed but if I stick anything else in rather than my index.php catching it, I get a 404 error as though the .htaccess isn't being used. Its the same .htaccess as I use in my other sub domain and that works fine. I have tried sticking some garbage at the top of the .htaccess in question, and I don't get a 500 error, just the same page not found which again indicates Apache isn't using the .htaccess. What am I missing!?

Is "Proxy Mode" enabled in the Apache & Nginx Settings? Else .htaccess is not interpreted.

I thought I had triple checked all settings. Correctamundo, Proxy Mode was disabled - many thanks for getting me to look again - only lost a day :-D

Back