• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

.htaccess problem

W

Waylander

hello,

ive a problem with secured directorys now,
when i protect a dir via plesk (even via webmin) the site is secured, but no prompt show up to enter my user/pass

i just see:

Authorization Required

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

this occurs on firefox and iexplorer
:confused:

every hint is welcome :)

sorry for my bad english, thanks

way

Check the errorlog for that domain, it might give you an indication on the issue.

oh yes, ive checked all logs but the "domainlogs" :) this show me:

File does not exist: /home/httpd/vhosts/domain.info/error_docs/unauthorized.html

so i disabled the user errordocs in domain-setup und voila, the loginscreen show up. strange, but it works now. thanks hardweb!

way

It's not strange - it's perfectly normal behavior in Apache:

If the unauthorized.html file is not found when enabling custom errordocs, Apache throws an error header and not the "Basic Realm Auth" header.

So if you want to use custom errordocs, just make sure the errordocs exists :eek:)

--
//Geert

Back