• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question HTTPS with let's encrypt and mysql server update

Carloz

Basic Pleskian
Hello!

I've got a Plesk Onyx Version 17.8.11 Aggiorna #72, ultimo aggiornamento il 1/Nov/2019 21.22 on a windows 2008 server r2

I'd like to set https on some wordpress websites hosted. I read that there is the let's encrypt service that is free and seems very interesting.

I read on some manuals, that on the plesk, there is an icon called "Let's encrypt" that appears on websites administration panels. I search for it but i can't find it. I've got a static ip server (i can't buy more then one ip for my server, so it's a vps with a single static ip address).

Is there a method to add/install this let's encrypt feature on my plesk? Can i activate it on my websites hosted even if i've got a single static ip address?

Moreover, my wordpress websites are all running with mysql 5.1 (this is the version currently installed on my plesk). Is there a method to activate ALSO the mysql 5.7 and, one by one, update all wordpress databases to this new mysql server? But one by one, not all togheter.

Moreover: probably in the next months i will migrate them to a new centos 8 server with plesk. If i export database, and then import on the new vps with 5.7 mysql installed, will they work? Or i have to set up the new vps with 5.1 mysql too?

Thank you,
Carlo

Hi good Igor! :)

mmmmm.... I've got windows 2008 r2 server... so i think let's encrypt is not supported :'( In fact i can't see it in the "add/remove features" section...

Ok i read the guide you wrote me... but it seems that it will update all databases togheter from 5.1 to 5.7... i think it's really dangerous for dozens websites.. this is why i asked if I can do it manually one by one...

if i export from 5.1 and then import in a server with 5.7 what will happen?

If possible I'd suggest you install the latest Plesk Obsidian server based on Windows 2019 where MySQL 5.7 and Let'sEncrypt will work out from the box and then perform migration your sites from your old Plesk server to new.

I want to buy a centos 8 vps with plesk Obsidian and mysql 5.7, and then migrate websites one by one manually (ftp to ftp and then export db to import db etc.), do you think it will work anyway? (They are almost all wordpress websites).

I heared that for e-mails there is a tool that automatically syncronize the "old" e-mail account with the new one. Can i find this function on plesk?

Last edited:
Back