• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Huge Problem with Mail Dates ( maybe related to PMT-4559)

user8374

New Pleskian
Hello,

i got a huge problem with mail dates / timestamp.

i restore a backup today and now all mails are displayed with the wrong timestamp in the mail program. They have all a timestamp of TODAY so everything is messed up and disordered. If i open a single mail the timestamp is displayed correct.

how to fix this? When connecting with roundcube (webmail) it seems that only a few single mails are displayed incorrectly.

i already found this: Messages imported through Mail Importing are displayed with incorrect date in Apple Mail

but it does NOT WORK.

Have you seen that the article was updated a few hours ago?

The article is shown as updated because I comment it. The comments are waiting for approval. Whatever that means. The script has a few bugs and the patch does also not work.

I already solved the problem by:

1) extracting the mailnames tar archive of the backup to a different location
2) replaced all EXISTING maildirs and files with rsync -a mailbackupextracted/ /var/qmail/mailnames/domain.tld

all files of the backup are replaced with the right timestamps and ownerships (...). All mail clients like Apple Mail or Apple devices (ipad,iphone...) shows the right timestamps.

It is absolute ridiculous that plesk do not use "cp -a" by restoring a backup. i looked into the logs of the restoring process. it seems that the files are extracted into a temp folder, copied with "cp" to the destinations and replace the ownerships after. Every backup software should behave better than this.

there is also another report on this

File timestamps are reset upon the restoration from backup

Last edited:
Back