• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Email problems

klamort

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.56
Hello,
Since a few days, I cannot receive my email (or send) from my computer or Iphone(mac pro). I didn't make any changes in plesk it does tell me that the mail program cannot accès the server.

In webmail (roundcube) there is not problems.
Thanks for any help I can get.

Attachments

• SCR-20231114-pvhw.png
    SCR-20231114-pvhw.png
    57.3 KB · Views: 12
  • SCR-20231114-pwbg.png
    SCR-20231114-pwbg.png
    55 KB · Views: 11
I just checked on a windows system, the last email received was the 08 of this month... wasn't that the day of one upgrade from Plesk?

But I just found this error:

2023-11-15 09:28:52INFOdovecot [3853]
Système de messagerie [2]
imap-login: Disconnected: Connection closed: SSL_accept() failed: error:14094416:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert certificate unknown: SSL alert number 46 (no auth attempts in 0 secs): user=<>, rip=2a02:2788:834:5d5:f99a:8ca0:ce2:571f, lip=2001:41d0:303:3704::, TLS handshaking: SSL_accept() failed: error:14094416:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert certificate unknown: SSL alert number 46, session=<4s9wsSwKp9EqAieICDQF1fmajKAM4lcf>

I have a daily backup that is made with drop box, if I install plesk again, will my 3 domain be restores with mail and webside? I paid someone to take a look to it... but is seems to be complicated and nobody seems to know... I almost regret to have switch to plesk from DirectAdmin.

A reinstallation won't be necessary, but we'd need to look into your server to find the root cause.

Did you buy your license from Plesk or from a reseller? When from Plesk, you can leave the question to Plesk support. They will be able to find and fix issues directly on your server. If you bought it from a reseller, maybe using the 30 days free trial period for Plesk support could be a the right choice.

I bought the license from OVH where I have the server. I am willing to pay for the service but I need it to be done fast... Can you tell me how to proceed. Thanks

I have another question, yesterday when I got out of the house and wasn't connected to home WIFI, my Iphone could access to all the email, receive and send. When I came back home everything was blocked again except for one domain... could it be that my modem has something to do with the problem I am having?

That'll be a different problem. Likely Fail2Ban has banned your home zone ip address. You can check it with grep <your router's public ip> /var/log/fail2ban.log or by searching for the ip in the Fail2ban GUI interface.

That'll be a different problem. Likely Fail2Ban has banned your home zone ip address. You can check it with grep <your router's public ip> /var/log/fail2ban.log or by searching for the ip in the Fail2ban GUI interface.
Hello, yes I found it here:
2023-11-12 10:31:55,211 fail2ban.filter [5547]: INFO [plesk-dovecot] Found 109.89.18.157 - 2023-11-12 10:31:55
How can I fix it? by adding the IP in the trusted area?

Thanks for your help.

And the "grep" is this something I have to install to be able to use it?

grep is a Linux standard command. It is already available with basic Linux installations.

Just adding the IP to the whitelist fixes the symptom, but not the cause. The cause is that an email client is frequently trying to login with wrong credentials. You'll need to use the correct login name and password on that client to solve the error.

Well I guess that isn't the problem... the weird part of it is that on the serveur I have 3 domains... for 2 of them I cannot see the mails when I am connected with the router, and for one of the 3, I have no problems.

In Mail 2 of them showing not connected et one of them yes...

Attachments

• SCR-20231117-opnr.png
    SCR-20231117-opnr.png
    130 KB · Views: 8
  • SCR-20231117-opsq.png
    SCR-20231117-opsq.png
    169.9 KB · Views: 8
I restarted the server and everything seems OK now
Thanks for all your help.

Where is the resolved option?

Back