• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue I can restore files but not the database

Franco

Regular Pleskian
Hello,
on the latest Onyx for Windows 17.8.11 on MS Server 2016 and SQL Server 17 I cannot restore the database when making a full restore of a subscription. Only the files are restored. The subscription contains a DNN website.
Not sure if that's related but I get the following warning:

"[f7dad62f-94a8-4fb9-a4f3-c66ce19f0c77]: Unable to get attributes of the file C:\Inetpub\vhosts\-domain-\httpdocs\App_Data\Search\write.lock: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. The file will not be archived. [:2136430848]"

Besides, I tried to follow these instructions Adding and Removing Database Servers and Configure a Server to Listen on a Specific TCP Port, but on the Plesk database servers page I stil get:

"Warning: Unable to determine the TCP port number used by Microsoft SQL server 'localhost': TCP/IP protocol is not enabled in the server network configuration or the server is configured to use dynamic TCP ports.
To allow your customers to automatically configure firewall for remote database access, manually configure the SQL server to listen on a specific fixed TCP port."

Btw, localhost:1433 is not accepted as an input in the "add database server" configuration, only localhost is taken.

Rather desperate on this one, can anybody help please.
Regards,
Franco

Just to clarify that SQL server is on the same machine, local to the IIS server. Besides, my attempts have been made with the App Pool stopped: is this the safest way or something else is recommended?

Back