• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue I can't change my plesk password

timodee

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.52 Update #3
Hey,

I tried to change my plesk password (The one I use to see the plesk dashboard with my domains and sites etc)

I created a new password while logged in and I also used the link to create a new password.

Both ways don't have any effect at all. I can still use my old password.

Why is that?

Thanks,
Timo

Did you click "Generate" to generate a new password? In that case you'll also need to click "OK" to save the new password.

Hi I am also experiencing login issue with a new account setup by a third party - access to the plesk management console is denied because it says
"You have entered incorrect username or password." !!

Requesting a new password fails to send new password to the registered email address!!
However, some of the details sent works, as I am able to login to this portal via the information sent and I'm able to login and change the password for the Email account.

So who is responsible for managing my account

@NA-FYA, are we talking about the talk.plesk.com forum account, an email account on a server, the Plesk GUI login account or anything else?

The Plesk GUI...

The account details were sent on 26th July, No one is taking responsibility of the situation.

When I worked in I.T. 7 years ago standards were slipping then let alone now. Poor service all round and all I can do is complain on this forum

Anyway, hanks for listening to me going on, but my recent experience with using A.I. platforms is that one can't be sure if there is anyone actually out there :)

Plesk is the manufacturer of the webspace control panel. We are not the web hoster. You get your account details from your web hoster. If these credentials do not work, you will need to contact their support.

We'll be happy to assist with technical questions on the panel software, but here it seems to be merely a communication issue of your hosting provider.

Back