• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved I can't enable load data infile permanently (losing changes after reboot)

javibus

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian
Hello all!

I'm going crazy. I need to enable this feature to get Matomo software working smoothly with a high traffic volume. I have configured the db user to get FILE permissions and it works only when I enter into mysql from SSH and run this instruction:

Code:
SET GLOBAL local_infile = 1;

But, after a reboot, I lose the changes and the "local_infile" global var goes to "OFF" again.

I have added this lines to the my.cnf too:

Code:
[client]
local-infile = 1

[client-mariadb]
local-infile = 1

[mysql]
local-infile = 1

[mariadb]
local-infile = 1

[mariadb-10.1]
local-infile = 1

Nothing works. It only works when I enter into mysql from SSH and run "SET GLOBAL local_infile = 1;", but after a reboot ("service mysql restart"), the global local-inline resets to "OFF".

Please, can anyone figure out how to get this config permanently on a Plesk-Ubuntu server?

Thanks!

Hello,

Thanks for your response. But it throws an error.

Code:
MariaDB [(none)]> SET PERSIST local_infile = 1;
ERROR 1193 (HY000): Unknown system variable 'PERSIST'
MariaDB [(none)]> SET @@PERSIST.local_infile = 1;
ERROR 1272 (HY000): Variable 'local_infile' is not a variable component (can't be used as XXXX.variable_name)

I don't know why is Plesk omitting the my.cnf configuration. This file includes this other files:

/etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/50-client.cnf
/etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/50-mysql-clients.cnf
/etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/50-mysqld_safe.cnf
/etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/50-server.cnf

I have changed other parameters in the 50-server.cnf and it persists the reboot, but for some reason ignores the "local-infile = 1" directive.

Solved!!

I have created a sql file with a sentence that enables the local infile feature:
Code:
echo "SET GLOBAL local_infile = 'ON';" > /var/lib/mysql/init_file.sql
chown mysql:mysql /var/lib/mysql/init_file.sql

And I have configured the mysql service to load this file when it starts by editing the my.cnf file and adding the following under "[mysqld]":
Code:
[mysqld]
init-file=/var/lib/mysql/init_file.sql

In my case, the config file is /etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/50-server.cnf

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Back