• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue I don't get mail from outside

MaxMauri

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.47_build1800221003.04 os_CentOS 7
Hi everyone, I realized that I am not receiving mail from addresses outside the server. What can it depend on?

You can check the MX record or the domain in question whether it really points to your server.
Then you can check what happens when you send a mail. Do you get it back with an error message? What error message?
Then you can check if it is really true that the server does not receive mail from the outside by checking /var/log/maillog (mail.log) to see what is going on at the mail server when mails are coming in.
Further action depends on the results.

You can check the MX record or the domain in question whether it really points to your server.
Then you can check what happens when you send a mail. Do you get it back with an error message? What error message?
Then you can check if it is really true that the server does not receive mail from the outside by checking /var/log/maillog (mail.log) to see what is going on at the mail server when mails are coming in.
Further action depends on the results.
Thanks for the ideas, now check it out

Back