• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue I have a message from another account.

Rexodus

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu server 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.46 Update #2
Hi there.

What I did:
- Create an email account for myself.

What I did before:
- Create an account and receive one mail in it.
- Delete the account from the Plesk-panel.

This looks like a security-crater to me. It even scares me! Looks like I got all the mail (one piece in this example) from the deleted account.

The message header says it is for the account I created before. So it really should not be there. It was never deleted. It also tells me the mail is stored in plain text. Something to work on imho.

If anyone knows what this noob did wrong, please tell me, but I have a dark feeling this is a bug... A nasty one.

Thats strange. It's certainly not intended behavior. However I tried to replicate this issue on my server but I did not have the same result. In my case all messages are deleted after removing a mailbox and recreating it directly after again.

Are you able to replicate this issue again with the same results if you try again?

Thats strange. It's certainly not intended behavior. However I tried to replicate this issue on my server but I did not have the same result. In my case all messages are deleted after removing a mailbox and recreating it directly after again.

Are you able to replicate this issue again with the same results if you try again?
I tried. But no avail. So it was an incident. But it doesn't make me feel better anyway.

Edit. Tried it one time while logged in. One time without login. No problems detected this time.

I think I have seen something similar before. The order of events was, if I remember correctly,
1) create an email address with a mailbox
2) store mails in that mailbox
3) disable the mailbox, but do not delete the email address
4) delete the email address
In that case (I think it was that way) indeed the previously stored emails were not removed. I think it was because Plesk thinks there is no mailbox, because the mailbox checkbox was not checked. When I unchecked the mailbox checkbox, existing mails in the mailbox were not deleted, when I checked it, mails were back. I am not sure and have not tested it whether this is still the case.

Back