• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

I have two servers with plesk 8.1

M

martin0815

I try to clone the 2nd server in order to have a complete backup.

I used pleskbackup and pleskrestore (all). But this resulted in a corrupt Database.

Is it possible to only backup all Domains, Domainaliases and all Emailaccounts?

I have to synchonize some MySQL-DBs (I assume, that plesk stores there the configuration too).

I should have two different physical servers but with identical configuration of email and the web (httpdocs-folder).

Does anyone have some hints how to do this correcty?

My 1st approach was a failure. I tried to do this full pleskbackup and I synchronized the mysql-path (I assume that whis was the mistake !!!) and I synchronized the Web-folders. After that, my Emailaccounts were corrupt (some plesk-DB errors).

Hi Martin,

What I did was the easy way. I created a backup server that did incremental backups every night with a full back up every Saturday. This way I had two weeks of backups and then it would dump the backups and start again. This way you can bring down a server and upgrade it if you needed.

server1.domain.com
server2.domain.com
backup.domain.com

- Chris
64bithost.com

Back