• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue I keep getting "Cannot allocate memory" / memory related errors

Quinten

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.49 Update #1
Goodmorning,

For the last couple of days now i have been getting alot of memory related errors.
The thing is i have been moving websites off that server actually which should free memory (I did not have these memory errors before as you can see on the screenshot below this morning a few of my configurations showed up with error due to memory allocation error).

Also i did not have swap enabled on this server for a few months now but now i have enabled it again because of the errors hoping it resolves like this but i wonder why this is happening because as you can see on the screenshots below i should have enough memory right?

See screenshots for more info.

1672385807389.png
1672385868450.png
1672385899944.png

1672385945951.png

Kind Regards,
Quinten

Is this a dedicated server (unlikely) or a container? If it is a container, it is thinkable that the host cannot provide the requested physical RAM, you might not see that in your own container stats.

I've seen your other post regarding SpamAssassin, too. That's another awkward error. There is either something very basic wrong with the operating system or its configuration or the container host cannot provide sufficient resources. I have no solution for this. If it was my system, I'd probably not waste any time with the existing installation but rather create a new container, install Plesk from scratch and migrate the installation to it. That way you could make sure that your basic operating system setup is correct.

Back