• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved I need to rewrite FTP (Proftpd) URLs. What are my options?

vspin

New Pleskian
I need to rewrite FTP (Proftpd) URLs, and Plesk does not support the Proftpd rewrite module. These seem to be my only options:

1. Remove Proftpd from Plesk which pretty much removes most of everything (dependent on Proftpd) on Plesk, and install a FTP server myself.

2. Remove Plesk all together, then install an FTP server, which according to a Plesk bug, I have to "redeploy a server from scratch" to remove Plesk.

I hope I'm just naive to the true power of Plesk. Is there anything else I can do?

FYI, I have old software which I must use that makes requests to the FTP server with backslashes instead of regular slashes, so I need to replace the backslashes with regular slashes.

As you can see, proftpd in Plesk is compiled without mor_rewrite module:

# /usr/sbin/proftpd -l
Compiled-in modules:
mod_core.c
mod_xfer.c
mod_rlimit.c
mod_auth_unix.c
mod_auth_file.c
mod_auth.c
mod_ls.c
mod_log.c
mod_site.c
mod_delay.c
mod_facts.c
mod_dso.c
mod_ident.c
mod_auth_pam.c
mod_ratio.c
mod_readme.c
mod_quotatab.c
mod_quotatab_file.c
mod_tls.c
mod_cap.c
mod_lang.c

As a possible solution, you can try to compile proftpd with mod_rewrite from the source. Just use "--with-shared=mod_rewrite" option for ./configure
I know, it is not a trivial task, but you could try at least.

Back