• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

I want to disable File Manager in Plesk 10.4.4

AndrewL41

New Pleskian
Is there ANY way I can disable File Manager in Plesk 10.4.4? I simply want to create a control panel for my customers' sites that allows them to manage their emails only - nothing more, nothing less. They don't need file manager at all; in fact it's more a danger to them if they have their control panel password compromised or if they simply delete a critical file from their site through a silly error. It just seems like an unnecessary security risk when none of my clients need it at all.

I can't find anyway to disable File Manager in the Administrator view of Plesk, but is there a more low-level way to remove File Manager e.g. a settings file in Plesk's file structure?

If File Manager can't be removed (and it seems crazy if it can't) it's a real dealbreaker for me.

Is there ANY way I can disable File Manager in Plesk 10.4.4? I simply want to create a control panel for my customers' sites that allows them to manage their emails only - nothing more, nothing less. They don't need file manager at all; in fact it's more a danger to them if they have their control panel password compromised or if they simply delete a critical file from their site through a silly error. It just seems like an unnecessary security risk when none of my clients need it at all.

I can't find anyway to disable File Manager in the Administrator view of Plesk, but is there a more low-level way to remove File Manager e.g. a settings file in Plesk's file structure?

If File Manager can't be removed (and it seems crazy if it can't) it's a real dealbreaker for me.

I've found a solution. For anyone searching for this query, here's what I did:-

I added a subscription in the usual way, then I clicked on the subscription I'd just added in order to edit it. Then I clicked on the "User" tab and added a user. AFTER adding the user, I clicked on the user in the users list (in order to edit the user), THEN I saw permissions for the user. I simply gave the user permissions for mail and denied all other services for this user. This user can then login (with the username/password I set for them) and they can only administrate mailboxes. Exactly what I wanted.

I'm sorry if the question & answer was a bit obvious to some people here. I just assumed the subscriber was the user (if that makes sense).

Back