• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

I want to disable File Manager in Plesk 10.4.4

AndrewL41

New Pleskian
Is there ANY way I can disable File Manager in Plesk 10.4.4? I simply want to create a control panel for my customers' sites that allows them to manage their emails only - nothing more, nothing less. They don't need file manager at all; in fact it's more a danger to them if they have their control panel password compromised or if they simply delete a critical file from their site through a silly error. It just seems like an unnecessary security risk when none of my clients need it at all.

I can't find anyway to disable File Manager in the Administrator view of Plesk, but is there a more low-level way to remove File Manager e.g. a settings file in Plesk's file structure?

If File Manager can't be removed (and it seems crazy if it can't) it's a real dealbreaker for me.

Is there ANY way I can disable File Manager in Plesk 10.4.4? I simply want to create a control panel for my customers' sites that allows them to manage their emails only - nothing more, nothing less. They don't need file manager at all; in fact it's more a danger to them if they have their control panel password compromised or if they simply delete a critical file from their site through a silly error. It just seems like an unnecessary security risk when none of my clients need it at all.

I can't find anyway to disable File Manager in the Administrator view of Plesk, but is there a more low-level way to remove File Manager e.g. a settings file in Plesk's file structure?

If File Manager can't be removed (and it seems crazy if it can't) it's a real dealbreaker for me.

I've found a solution. For anyone searching for this query, here's what I did:-

I added a subscription in the usual way, then I clicked on the subscription I'd just added in order to edit it. Then I clicked on the "User" tab and added a user. AFTER adding the user, I clicked on the user in the users list (in order to edit the user), THEN I saw permissions for the user. I simply gave the user permissions for mail and denied all other services for this user. This user can then login (with the username/password I set for them) and they can only administrate mailboxes. Exactly what I wanted.

I'm sorry if the question & answer was a bit obvious to some people here. I just assumed the subscriber was the user (if that makes sense).

Back